SUBMIT A RECIPE
150ml milk, warmed
7g sachet dried yeast
1 ½ cups plain flour
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 ½ tsp mixed spice
½ cup Equal Spoonful (or 10 Equal Sachets)
60g unsalted butter, melted
¾ cup sultanas
extra 2 Tbsp plain flour
extra 2 Equal sachets (or 1Tbsp Equal Spoonful)
extra butter, to serve
1. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. Combine milk and yeast in a small jug. Set aside for 5 minutes.
3. Sift flour and spices into a second large bowl and add yeast mixture, Equal, butter and sultanas. Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 1 ½ hours. Turn out onto a clean dry surface and knead for 5 minutes until a smooth soft dough forms. Shape into a ball and divide mixture into 12 equal portions. Shape each portion into a ball and place on prepared tray, side by side, four rows by three. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and set aside for 50 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 200ºC. Combine extra flour and 2 ½ Tbsp water in a small bowl to make a thick paste. Spoon into a piping bag or zip-lock bag and a snip a small tip. Pipe mixture onto dough to form crosses. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Meanwhile, combine extra NEXT sachets and 1 tsp water in a small bowl. Brush over hot buns. Serve warm or at room temperature with extra butter.