SUBMIT A RECIPE
100g white chocolate melts
1 tsp vegetable oil
orange food colouring gel, to tint
2 small carrots, trimmed, roughly sliced (200g)
80g butter, melted
1/2 cup natural sweet Greek-style yogurt
1/2 cup Equal Spoonful (or 12 Equal sachets)
1 cup self-raising flour
¼ cup Dutch cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp white chocolate bits
2 Tbsp dark chocolate bits
extra cocoa powder, to dust
140g tub spreadable cream cheese
1 Tbsp dutch cocoa powder
2 Equal sachets (or 1Tbsp Equal Spoonful)
1. Line a large plate with baking paper. Put white chocolate and oil in a large bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, Stir until melted. Remove pan from heat, then remove bowl from pan. Stir in oil and add a drop or two of food colouring to tint orange. Dip strawberries into chocolate to coat, keeping green tops clean. Arrange on a tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, Line holes of a 12-hole 1/3 cup capacity muffin tray with paper cases, or arrange 12 free standing paper cases on an oven tray.
3. Preheat oven to 180C. Put carrot, butter and yogurt into the bowl of a food processor or blender and process until pureed. Transfer to a large bowl and whisk in eggs and Equal. Sift in flour, cocoa and baking powder and stir to combine, then stir in chocolate bits. Spoon evenly into prepared holes.
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until firm to touch. Cool cakes in tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. To make frosting, put cream cheese, cocoa and equal into a medium bowl and mix until well combined and smooth. Spoon or pipe a dollop of frosting on top of each cooled cake. Dust with extra cocoa. Decorate with strawberry carrots.